Monday, October 27, 2014

Identifying Sources Pt. 2

    A few weeks go I explored some of the resources I was already familiar with, so the next week I decided to hit the databases. I began with Education Resource Complete and initially performed a simple keyword search with the terms "literacy" and "gender differences". Applying some additional limiters, including articles from the past 34 years, academic peer-reviewed journals, and subject terms related to gender differences in education gave me 17 articles to sift through. I narrowed those down to 6 to save for further reading.

    Several of the suggestions added to my wiki post were helpful, especially the Ontario Education guide, "Me Read?". I've linked to it in the index of this site.
    My academic library also had a couple of books in the education section that seemed relevant. I checked them out, and cited them in the index as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment